How To Carve A Pumpkin Procedural Writing Activity will be great writing practice for your Kindergarten – Second Grade Students! It is both Digital (Use with Google Classroom) and Printable! Each page includes word banks that will help your students with vocabulary and writing. The poster has a transition word for each page to help them become familiar with using transitions.
Watch this video to see all that is included!
Included in “How to Carve a Pumpkin Procedural Writing”
Sequence Poster with Transition Words.
Cover for Booklet
9-page writing booklet
Each page in the booklet has a word bank to help your student in their writing.
About the Author
– Students will draw a picture of themselves and write about themselves.
- Duplicate a copy of the booklet for each student.
- Staple on the left side.
- Display poster on screen or copy for students. Have your students orally tell the story in order of the pictures using transition words to help them begin. After modeling you may choose to let them practice in pairs.
- Next instruct the students to write a sentence about each picture beginning with the transition word in the word box.
- The transition word is the first word listed in the word box. Instruct the students to use other words in the word box to help them. When your students complete their story, they will use the writing checklist to review their work.
- Students read the story to a partner when finished.
Included are 9 slides that you can share with your students through Google Classroom or Google Drive, which they can then type directly into, and then share back with you!
Fall is such a wonderful time of year. There are so many fun wonderful fall ideas and activities to do with your students!
Click here to find this resource!